Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Norma Rebecca Yerex (Fleger)



My auntie Norma was taken way too soon.  She was a real lady and many of you may not know she had wrists as powerful as I have ever seen.  There was a game you played where you had a broom and you face each other and grab the broom and you try and twist the broom down making the other person have to let go.  Uncle Jim said go try with Norma and she almost broke my wrists!

Another story happened in maybe 1980.  We used to go out to the farm for a week every year for summer holidays and slept in their camper beside the house.  Garry, David, Bruce and myself had a lot of fun talking to all hours of the night in the camper.  But this one time there was a fair of some kind and people from around the country side would enter their jams and jelly's to be voted on for best jam or jelly's and auntie Norma came home with ribbons for her jam's and jelly's and her cranberry jelly came back with a first prize ribbon and I was looking at the ribbons and all the jars of jam's and jelly's and the labels were hand written by auntie Norma, and on her 1st place winner it said "cranbelly jelly."  I said auntie Norma, take a look at your winner.  She looked at the label and said what Robbie?  I said it says, "cranBELLY jelly not cranberry jelly."  She must have laughed off and on for hours that night.  I think the funniest thing she thought about that was that none of the judges or people at the fair noticed it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment