Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ardyth Irene Yerex (Wood)


I never got to see Aunt Ardyth very often because she lived in BC she was a lady everyone enjoyed being around.  She was always up for fun and to witness the look on her face when someone was talking and not making any sense was hilarious.  She had the same look with her hands on her face when listening to you tell a story but you'd get questions and comments and you knew she was interested.

Whether it was making drinks or cooking supper, her and Woody seemed to have all sorts of fun living life.  I can remember Aunt Ardyth's many trips home to Manitoba in the 1970's with Marcy and her sisters, one of which I have on film, with Marcy teaching her mom and the aunt's on how to dance with the young kids in the 70's.  It's priceless.  They did come one time in the winter and my cousins watched in horror as me and my friends played ball hockey outside at minus 30.  They didn't join in!

We had numerous trips to the coast over the years and we usually made our way over to Comox to visit.  When she was still in White Rock my dad found out what the ocean can do, as it washed away all his clothes and sandals while he went for a swim.  I'm not sure why he decided to go for a swim out of the blue in the Pacific Ocena because he never did much of that on the beach here when I was growing up, but he did attempt it there and paid the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment