Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Carol Velva Yerex (Carson)


I could talk for days about my mom and my childhood.  I have people so jealous when I talk about how great my childhood was.  We did so many things and family was the focal point of it all.  We went to the farms of the Burton's, Fleger's, Yerex's in the Neepawa area countless times and coming from the city it was a lot of fun to relax and take in the view especially from Max and Lorna's home close to Riding Mountain.

She followed the sports I played and we had team parties, family parties throughout my childhood.  When family came in from the country they usually stayed with us for appointments or tournaments during those years.  As an only child it was great to have people around to talk or play with when I was a kid.

She was on the phone with many family members for hours and hours sometimes.  I imagine calling our home before call waiting wasn't easy back then.  With our family spread out over western Canada, we had many trips to Calgary, Edmonton, BC, Saskatchewan and around Manitoba.

Family and friends is what my mom lives for.  She was always the go to person when my older cousins would go to university and stay at our place for various amounts of time during the school year.  She is the youngest of the 10 Yerex's and sadly the last one of the ten still around after Uncle Daune passed away in October 2016.

She has written songs, she performs at senior homes a few times a year and still works three times a week and they ask her to work more.  I meet her coworkers and they all say she is the one they all lean on if they have a problem or need advice.  It's because she is calm and full of common sense.

She loves being a grandma and so far has been very healthy her entire life.  I love you mom.  


No comments:

Post a Comment